To coordinate and organize the formulation, implementation, and moniToring of gender policies, programs, and special activities
To define economic and legal measures necessary for the implementation of the gender equality policy and to provide professional and technical guidance and advise in carrying out of these measures;
To prepare and submit to the Government reports on the implementation and results of the gender equality policies, legislation, and programs.
- To coordinate establishment of a gender database and an integrated information network, and to organize dissemination of data and information on gender;
- To conduct research and analysis on the state of implementation of the gender equality law and regulations;
- To review and comment on drafts of the report referring to the implementation of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women and Mongolian Government reports on the implementation and results of the gender equality policies, legislation, and programs, moreover, the state of gender equality in the civil service, and the progress and results of the implementation of measures to prevent gender discrimination including sexual harassment;
- To review and to make recommendations on draft reports of the state of implementation of the gender equality law and regulations.
- To ensure participation of the public, private secTor, and citizens in the promotion, strengthening, and protection of gender equality;
- To organize the preparation of Government reports on the implementation and results of promotion of gender equality activities;
- To nominate for awards economic entities, organizations, and individuals that achieved outstanding results on gender equality;
- To make a review and discuss Sub-Committees and Councils reports and information.
- To develop cooperation with international organizations and foreign countries in the sphere of gender equality;
- To organize the formulation, implementation, and oversight of policies, programs, projects, and measures to strengthen the national institutional capacity necessary for promotion of gender equality in public agencies and society in general.
- In cooperation with organizations of media, the public sector, and private sector to organize activities that familiarize and propagate the gender equality legislation and policies to business organizations and the public, and to report on outcomes of such activities